More and more people are using cryptocurrency, and this spells various effects on society. An important aspect to consider is understanding your value and forming networks, as these two things will play a vital role in the use of cryptocurrency.
Today’s guest is Sean Weisbrot, and he shares with us essential information on learning to leverage your value with your network. He also talks about the app Sidekick and the use of cryptocurrency. The discussion moves to the future of cryptocurrency and preparing yourself for what can come. This episode packs a lot of punch, so sit tight and don’t miss a single second!
About Our Guest:
Sean Weisbrot is an entrepreneur with expertise in technology, education, and nonprofits. He has a degree in Psychology and is fluent in Mandarin, which he learned when he moved to China for work back in 2008. Sean is currently the CEO of Sidekick. It is an app where individuals, educators, businesses, and influencers can create communities for messaging, payments, and a marketplace ecosystem.
Essentials to Understanding Value, Networks, and Cryptocurrency
Understanding Your Value and Networks
- After some setbacks, Sean worked with several people to create IdeaXchange. It grew to inspire people all over China through original online content and offline speech events. It gave him speaking and training opportunities and an extensive network.
- Instead of selling your time for money, you should sell your value for money.
- When you can understand your worth, then you know the value you’re bringing to your connections.
- The biggest problem is the mindset. People are stuck on the idea that they’re worth more than x amount per hour.
- Connecting value and networks: 1) Figure out your monthly expenses. 2) Save a year’s worth of your expenses. 3) Take time off to learn about the world. 4) Travel and meet people, seek out influencers, entrepreneurs, and form a network. 5) Leverage your value and your knowledge. Find what you can offer them.
Sidekick App and Cryptocurrency
- Sidekick has many well-established competitors.
- Sean believed that the only way to feel secure and launch the app is to have a product that’s at least as good as the competitors, if not better, from day one.
- Sean watched WeChat grow from a small, unused product to a dominator in China. Simultaneously, Korea, Japan, and Vietnam each have its separate platform or super app, where the people can do almost anything they want.
- Sidekick is taking the model that apps can be used by many people for several things and making it available for global use through cryptocurrency and localizing features.
- The app is aiming to make it possible to spend cryptocurrency in stores around the world through a third-party partnership.
- Sidekick is making it possible for people to use cryptocurrency by building communities and selling their services and products to their community.
- Sidekick aims to embrace all possible forms of processing payments.
- The key is to find the right partners who have the right licenses.
The Future of Cryptocurrency
- It could go two ways: either it dies, or the world embraces it. Sean’s assumption is it will be embraced.
- There is the issue of government regulation that can cause problems for the industry.
- Governments are working on making their own digital fiat currency using Blockchain.
- Sean notes the possibility of completely removing cash from society and shifting to use government-created blockchain-based currency over which they have strict and complete control.
- Utopian future: people are free to use cryptocurrency.
- Dystopian future: governments create their versions.
- Both futures can coexist.
- Sidekick exists because the future of work is remote and gig-based.
- People may start to seek freedom, location independence, and the ability to make money based on their knowledge and the value they provide.
Preparing for the Future
- Have a general understanding of AI and its capabilities to know the possible industries it can disrupt or enhance.
- Those who don’t learn how to interact with AI positively will end up being replaced by people who are willing to work with it.
- You can protect yourself by building a business and a network and capitalizing on that.
- The faster you become location and financially independent, the better off you’re going to be.
- If you’re responsible for yourself and those around you, and what you provide is valuable to others, then you’re priceless.
For more information about Sidekick and to connect with Sean, check Sidekick’s website. You can register through the site to get early access.
You may also connect with them through Telegram.
Level Of evidence
Randomized Controlled Trials
Endorsements & Certifications
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
LEVEL OF EVIDENCE
MAGNITUDE OF EFFECT
CONSISTENCY OF RESEARCH RESULTS