YouTube is one of the social media platforms for producing famous “influencers” who motivate their followers by sharing their passion or talent. This passion can then be a gateway to start a business. This is what happened to Austin Dunham, who initially posted videos of himself to inspire others to start a healthy lifestyle.
In this episode, Austin shares his journey from being a regular YouTuber to a famous business owner. He also shares how he hurdled through the obstacles, from providing free customized workout programs to having a booming business for people who aspire to healthy living. Do you want to turn your passion into a profitable business? Tune in to find out more!
About Our Guest:
Austin Dunham is a fitness influencer, a YouTuber of calisthenics/street workout tutorials, and bodyweight fitness enthusiast. He is also the creator of AD Workout Training Programs and Coaching. He started when he was an 18-year-old college freshman after he was introduced to calisthenics training through his local ROTC program.
How to Turn Your Passion into a Business
- Austin uploaded his videos on Youtube to motivate people.
- His subscribers later asked him to make custom workout programs.
- Since it was taking much of his time and energy, he started charging $20 per program. He also began researching about marketing.
Getting Traction on YouTube
- His first few videos got much traction because of the content.
- Fitness transformation videos, especially those that are motivational, will get a lot of views.
- The biggest hit for Austin was his Beginner Home Calisthenics Workout Routine.
Overcoming Challenges and Learning About Passive Income
- Austin realized that he could make money with his offers.
- He also learned about passive income, realizing there’s a way to make money without having to work physically.
- He marketed his business by setting up segmented email lists and sending out email automation sequences.
- One key thing about passive income systems is that there must be something automatic, something that can sell to the masses 24/7.
- Another is to teach and provide value to your audience. Lay the guesswork and cut the learning curve.
Selling by Back End Marketing and Telling Stories
- Back end marketing is using different sales funnels for different content.
- It segments people, depending on the problems they want to resolve.
- Austin talks about how he was able to learn, his progress through time, and how he overcame his struggles as part of marketing.
- Problems are a market for your business.
Advice for Starting Entrepreneurs
- Make sure that there’s passion in your business, as well as consistency.
- Know the reason why people follow and look up to you. If you can easily answer this, there shouldn’t be an issue.
- Diversify your content.
- Ask your audience for the content they want through comments.
- Pick a niche, interest, or passion you can turn into a business when you’re starting.
Future of Online Businesses
- It will only get more popular as more people discover YouTube and its potential.
- Online businesses will keep growing.
Level Of evidence
Randomized Controlled Trials
Endorsements & Certifications
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
LEVEL OF EVIDENCE
MAGNITUDE OF EFFECT
CONSISTENCY OF RESEARCH RESULTS