The Secrets of More Than 1,000+ Successful Entrepreneurs on Fire with John Lee Dumas
[text_block style=”style_1.png” align=”left”]The most challenging part of achieving a goal is getting things started. We often struggle with taking the first step in reaching our dreams. As a consequence, we put our skills and ideas at risk of getting wasted. Learning how to focus and prioritize will help you build momentum. Laser in on that one thing you want to do, do it, and become one of the 1000+ successful entrepreneurs on fire!
In this episode, award-winning podcaster John Lee Dumas shares with us his journey to building a successful podcast business. He talks about the importance of focusing on a goal and setting priorities. John also shares his learning habits and other business insights. Tune in and learn more about the secrets to building a successful podcast business and being an entrepreneur on fire!
About Our Guest:
John Lee Dumas is the founder and host of the award-winning podcast, Entrepreneurs on Fire. He interviews successful entrepreneurs to help his listeners in their entrepreneurial journey. John commits to shaping more entrepreneurs by creating free, valuable, and consistent content.
Discover the Secrets of Successful Entrepreneurs on Fire
John’s Life Before Podcasting
- John loved having fun and enjoying life.
- He was never an entrepreneur before venturing into podcasting.
- His first real venture was his podcast, Entrepreneurs on Fire.
Recurring Theme Among Successful Entrepreneurs on Fire
- First, the most successful people found a mentor. It must not be any mentor, but somebody who is where you specifically want to be.
- Second, quoting Jim Rohn, “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”
- Look at the people around you and avoid those who are just wasting your time. Open the door and let in the amazing people.
- Third, educate yourself. The most successful people always want to improve and learn.
Insights on Formal Business Education
- For John, formal education pushes the buck down the road. You risk acquiring debts.
- You are wasting time because you are not doing the thing you want to do. Instead, you must learn from people who are actually doing it.
- If you have a college degree, you have gone far enough.
- Do not start accruing the entrepreneur’s biggest enemy, which is debt.
On Staying Focused
- F.O.C.U.S. stands for “follow one course until success.”
- When John started podcasting, he had no online presence, but he was focused.
- When you are focused, you will figure out a way to do things.
- Be excited and start your momentum.
How to Prioritize
- John believes in Pareto’s Principle. This principle suggests that 20% of your activities will account for 80% of the outcome.
- Ask yourself what your 20% is. Does it provide your desired outcomes?
Success Habits for Entrepreneurs on Fire
- Get better every day. Take little steps.
- These little steps will end up being something massive down the road.
- At first, John did not have a successful podcast.
- Take the first step and build upon that day by day.
- The road is not going to be easy. You have to make sacrifices.
- Know the sacrifices you have to make and be willing to do them.
John’s Future Projects
- John is working on his first physical product.
- The journal is called Freedom Journal: Accomplish Your #1 Goal in 100 Days.
Other Business Insights
- It is always about going back to the basics and keeping things simple.
- “If you want to be, do.” You have to do that thing you want and be willing to be bad at it.
- According to Malcolm Gladwell, you need 10,000 hours of practice to become world-class in a particular field. Start working on your 10,000 hours.
For more insights about business podcasting, connect with John through Entrepreneurs on Fire. You may also reach him through Twitter or LinkedIn.
- Do you already have a successful business, meaning you’re up, running, and paying your bills with some profit left over?
- Are you interested in growing your business, automating/streamlining things, and staying one step ahead of your competition?
- Do you want to achieve your goals, get more things done in less time, and double your sales?
? If you can answer YES to all three questions, please reach out to me through Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/daryl.urbanski, and describe your situation, goals, and the best time/way to contact you.[/text_block]
[op_liveeditor_element data-style=””][text_block style=”undefined” align=”left”]My mission is to create 200 new multi-millionaire business owners who solve world problems with entrepreneurship. How? You’ll do better when you know better.
Would it help you to talk to other high-level entrepreneurs about their journeys, their mistakes and how they overcame their challenges to create the lives and financial success they desire?
Would it help you to have a mentor who can cut your learning curve by sharing their mistakes with you so you could avoid them?
Would it help you to talk to that mentor and learn how they shifted their mindset to allow success to happen in the first place?[/text_block][/op_liveeditor_element]
I love this Podcast Big Time!!!! Excellent I am loving this Podcast! Daryl is the man when it comes to building strong, leveraged businessess. it’s obvious that he knows exactly what to do and isn’t shy about sharing the details with the rest of us. i ‘ll be listening to every episode. Thank you So Much!
– Sara Alison Christensen
Masterful This is one of the best business podcast I’ve heard in a long time. The content is always amazing, and the value to business owners is second to none. I highly recommend you check it out.
Fresh and Powerful The name Daryl Urbanski Keeps popping in the marketing realm lately, and its a no brainer why. Urbanski has pure talent when it comes to helping entrepreneurs and their businesses achieve success in very high numbers. These pod casts are nothing short of amazing as daryl, with the help of others, share their knowledge about success through their own personal stories. I can’t wait until the next one is released.
Real Value Added Interviews! The BestBusiness Podcast is changing my life. While listening to Daryl interview Jim Bunch I stopped on the side of the interstate (in safe spot) dropped down and counted off 10 push ups! I’m all in and following Daryl Urbanski…
– Publish ME NOW
Wow! What an inspiring mission I love this Podcast and am excited to hear more episodes. Great content!
Really is The Best Business Podcast! Daryl Urbanski and his guests get right to the ‘real’ business issues of structure, strategy, system, mindset, work ethics, and what works (and what doesn’t) in building, running and scaling a successful and sustainable business. Definitely worth subscribing and listening to ALL The Best Business Podcasts!
Too good to miss! I was listening to the episode with Daryl Urbanski & Jermaine Griggs in my office yesterday. It was so good that a woman who works for me she didn’t want to leave when it was time for her to get off of work because she didn’t want to miss anything! Yes it is really that good. Do yourself a favor and Press play! I’m excited because I plan on being one of the 200!
– LT in Atlanta
Your Favorite Entrepreneur’s Favorite Entrepreneur Daryl Urbanski brings his high octane approach to marketing and entrepreneurship to this must-hear podcast and breaks it down for the rest of us. Whether rattling off an analogy or quote from the technical marketing book that I wish I read or breaking down complex concepts into digestible instructions, this podcast will add a cheat code-ish boost to your business and personal development. Also, if the Jermaine Griggs interview Doesn’t inspire you to stay up all night working on your business.
Daryl is Awesome Daryl is one of my very favorite people and one of the smartest people I Know. These podcasts are great – he asks smart question and the conversations are great. Definitely a must-listen!
Valuable Content A great Place to learn how to raise the level of your business game. Excellent content and guests. Kudos to Daryl for bringing this value to the business space.
– D Egge
Conversational, Inspirational, Educational I love the organic conversation, packed full of value! Thanks Daryl for all you do!
Love this podcast Daryl’s accessible easy going style works well to make an easy to listen to podcast. It’s great to listen to a business podcast with leaders who don’t sound like they’re over-caffeinated for a change and with out being barraged by ads. Pure content in a friendly format.
Great podcast Love podcasts as this one ? Daryl create and amazing The Best Business Podcast. Subscribed.
– Ana Melikian
Truly Informative When it comes to podcasts, this is one of the most informative podcasts I have ever heard. All of the stories are really relatable, how they got into the business is inspiring and most of the ways they did get into the business aren’t very hard unless you are extremely lazy.
Business Genius This podcast is awesome if you want to learn and be motivated to be a business man or woman! What Daryl talks about and values about business is great and I have learned a lot from listening to his podcast! The way he simplifies and highlighted all the important aesthetics of what a business should be is something I haven’t heard a lot of. Thank for the great insight!
Just Heard the first episode and I am hooked In this podcast Daryl shares the best kept business and marketing secrets!
Love this Show I am a podcast junkie and this one really hits the mark. Great Daryl!
Full of Actionable steps to transform any business I’m loving this podcast! It’s amazing hearing the advice of so many highly successful entrepreneurs from different backgrounds and industries – and how applicable their advice is to any business. Subscribed and listen to it during every commute. Highly Recommend it!
Brilliant Podcast! Very interesting and awesome podcast! Can’t wait for more!
If you are a Marketer you need to listen up I have listened to almost all the episodes and the value that Daryl provides is priceless! I have pages of notes from his interviews and have implemented strategies and tactics that have already started to help my business grow. You need to check it out.
Fantastic Great podcast! An informative laid back approach to business!! I have thoroughly enjoyed the guest speakers and topics!
Great Interviews! Sound knowledge and a pleasure to listen to.
– Salma’s IPhone