Marketing automation is a powerful yet underutilized tool for entrepreneurs to grow and evolve their businesses. Our guest, Micah Mitchell, is an Infusionsoft coach and the CEO of membership site Memberium. He’s here to share his knowledge and experience on how business owners can capitalize on marketing automation and software to grow their business.
In this episode, Micah provides his insights on how marketing automation can either save or grow a business. Furthermore, he talks about the control a business owner acquires over their company using these tools. Finally, he provides solid business advice and what habits and mindsets a winning company should have. If you want to know how to be an effective entrepreneur using automation, don’t miss this episode and tune in to the podcast!
Micah Mitchell has been working with marketing automation through Infusionsoft ever since he dropped out of high school. He co-founded a membership site called Memberium and now coaches business owners on how to evolve their business mainly through online courses and training.
Why You Need Marketing Automation In Your Business
How He Started
- He dropped out of high school to work in customer relationship management (CRM) of a credit card processing company.
- The company grew because of memberships.
- He then left the company to become an entrepreneur and discovered Infusionsoft.
Creating Information Products for Marketing Automation
- Create value from the problems you encounter and make content out of it.
- Shift from the “back-end” product/content development to the “front-end” marketing.
- Set up royalty agreements to protect both parties.
Sustain and Protect Value for Clients
- Creating value for clients is easier than sustaining and protecting it.
- It is better to dive in as soon as possible and figure things out along the way.
Marketing Automation: How to Avoid Mistakes
- Stop overcomplicating and over-engineering things.
- You should also focus on the simple processes and mechanisms that get the job done.
How to Measure and Track Your Business Effectively
- Keep it simple (avoid over-tracking)
- Use Google Analytics and affiliate links for internal metrics
- “Most of the inference we get from statistics is wrong.”
Building a Winning Company
- Hire slow; fire fast mentality (getting the right people is critical)
- People skills are overvalued; look for technically-skilled applicants.
- To the right person, punishments and incentives aren’t that important.
- In employees, passion for the product is more important than being business-savvy.
- “The opportunity cost of not just a bad person, but a mediocre person is incredible when you could just as easily have had a good person by trying a little harder to get them.”
Some Business Advice
- Invest in coaching as there is power in a single idea (millionaire coaching from Loral Langmeier).
- Make a habit of creating value from your problems and duplicating your efforts.
The Future of Marketing Automation
- Multi-thousand dollar consulting will be within reach of the masses for a lower price point.
Level Of evidence
Randomized Controlled Trials
Endorsements & Certifications
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
LEVEL OF EVIDENCE
MAGNITUDE OF EFFECT
CONSISTENCY OF RESEARCH RESULTS