Getting the first yes from a customer is the most thrilling part of starting a business. As you go on, you have to think of ways to keep a steady stream of clients flowing in. It is why marketing is crucial in any industry—getting ideal customers is imperative in how you’ll be running the company, as well as its longevity.
In this episode, business coaching expert Dov Gordon joins us to discuss the vital questions that you should ask before engaging potential ideal customers. He also talks about the essential steps and processes that you can implement to get customers coming back to you. This episode is a gem for any who’s struggling with consistent lead generation and getting their ideal customers. Check out this episode’s highlights, and don’t forget to tune in to the show for all the details!
Dov Gordon is the founder and head coach of The Alchemist Entrepreneur. He is an expert in helping entrepreneurs, coaches and consultants develop a consistent flow of their ideal customers. He also helps them build a strong strategic foundation and utilize it depending on their specialization.
How to Build a Consistent Flow of Ideal Customers
Growing and Evolving in Career
- He’s been interested in business since he was 13 when he discovered the self-help section of the library.
- Since then, he started studying all sorts of business aspects.
- In his late teens, he ventured into network marketing, where he learned about the power of systems.
- He realized that he’d be good at business coaching and took a course on it.
Overcoming the Biggest Milestones and Challenges
- The challenge was building a consistent flow and drawing his ideal clients towards him.
- He signed up for a Dale Carnegie English course when he was in Jerusalem, where he got 12% of his first clients.
- He also reads a lot of books, and he reaches out to good mentors.
- A good consultant sees through what’s lying beneath a situation.
Build Your Systems and Processes
- Learn skills and form them into processes.
- A series of steps is not necessarily simple for someone who doesn’t understand it.
- There is a vast difference in the skill set required to succeed inside a company versus working solo outside.
Three Critical Questions of Clients
- “Should I pay attention? Is this interesting?”
- “Can I trust you?”
- “Is it right for my situation?”
Six Steps to Create a Consistent Flow of Ideal Customers
- First: Get you a tank of marketing helium.
- Second: Craft a simple, compelling message.
- Third: Hand-raising free offer.
- Fourth: Get noticed.
- Fifth: The elegant sales conversation.
- Sixth: Your irresistible paid offer.
Knowing Who Your Ideal Customers Are: Questions to Answer
- What problems do you help solve? What results do you enable?
- Who has those problems? Who wants those results?
- What are the qualities and characteristics of your ideal customers?
Five Strategies to Grow Your Business and Get More Ideal Customers
- Get clear on your path.
- Set up systems and processes.
- Be willing to invest in yourself.
- Take control of your time and calendar.
- Build self-confidence.
- Bonus: Make yourself a priority.
Quote and Recommendations
- Abraham Lincoln: “The worst thing you can do for those you love is the things they could and should do themselves.”
- Dov says that this quote is similar to coaches and consultants, where they end up taking too much that is not theirs to carry. It is crucial to correct this habit.
- It all boils down to looking where you are now.
The Importance of Coaching
- People spend thousands of dollars on information products and high-price seminars, but they struggle to implement it.
- People who are really serious in business invest in coaching.
- Million Dollar Habits by Robert Ringer
- Sweet Process
- Dov’s book recommendations: The Obstacle Is The Way by Ryan Holiday and Theodore Roosevelt Trilogy by Edmund Morris
- Get a FREE copy of Dov’s The Plenty of Clients Manual.
“Your success is my success.” — Daryl Urbanski
- Do you want to achieve your goals, get more things done in less time, and double your sales? Sign up for our Remote CEOs 2x Your Focus Challenge.
Follow Us On Twitter
Follow Us On Linkedin
Follow Us On Facebook
Level Of evidence
Randomized Controlled Trials
Endorsements & Certifications
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
LEVEL OF EVIDENCE
MAGNITUDE OF EFFECT
CONSISTENCY OF RESEARCH RESULTS