In this episode, Pam shares her story on how she had improved her skills in entrepreneurship, which led to a successful business running for almost six years. She emphasizes building camaraderie and establishing networks. Check the show notes to pique your curiosity, and listen to the podcast as well!
About Our Guest:
Pam Reynolds is the co-founder of Allegiance Aging Care Services, which was launched with the primary goal of providing support and guidance to seniors who want to grow older in their homes.
Pam’s Insights on Determination and Improvement
How It Started
- Pam was a social worker before she started her business.
- She does not have any background in entrepreneurship.
- Her friend in the senior care industry became her mentor and later a co-founder of Pam’s growing business today.
Challenges on the Way
- Pam found it hard to get into the sales and marketing strategies for her business since she has no background.
- Gaining trust from the people around you regarding the credibility of your business is also a challenge for Pam.
Overcoming the Hurdle
- Showing your determination by showing up every day and being consistent is some of the first few steps.
- To attract prospective customers, Pam says a business must consider its franchise model, and it should be unique.
- Be open to other people’s ideas to strategize on marketing your business.
- Pam highlights the importance of having a skill set and using your talents to utilize the growth of your business.
- You have to work on your business, not in your business.
- It is also essential to recognize your weaknesses or to recognize unnecessary things that would not be helpful for your business.
- Never let your emotions affect your work ethic.
- While the business is growing, all of you must work together as a team.
- This is one sacrifice every business has to make.
- According to Pam, it was risky because this change means she might lose some of her potential customers.
- Never be afraid to make changes or adjustments, such as increased rates, as long as they are reasonable.
Advice for Acquirement
- The company acquiring you must have the same values as your business.
- If these are aligned with your core values, everything will work out smoothly.
Level Of evidence
Randomized Controlled Trials
Endorsements & Certifications
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
LEVEL OF EVIDENCE
MAGNITUDE OF EFFECT
CONSISTENCY OF RESEARCH RESULTS