No one becomes an expert overnight. To be on the top of the game in any aspect of our lives, commitment and consistency are necessary. It is also equally important to surround yourself with the right people and cultivate the proper habits and mindsets for success. Doing so can help overcome every milestone that may come our way.
In this episode, Dan Fagella of Emerj Artificial Intelligence Research shares his experience on how he transitioned from being a Jiu-Jitsu Master to an entrepreneur. He also talks about benchmarking and modeling success and how it can affect a person’s perception and improvement. Moreover, he explains the importance of keeping a key performance indicator to stay focused and have a tangible way of evaluating personal progress and business development. Join us and learn how you can systematically reach your personal and business goals and how continuous personal growth can be vital in entrepreneurship.
Dan Fagella is the CEO and founder of Emerj Artificial Intelligence Research. His company helps governments and enterprises in risk reduction and maximization of artificial intelligence strategies. He is also a speaker who goes around the globe and talks about the implications and application of artificial intelligence to some significant sectors. These include the World Bank, INTERPOL, the United Nations, and global pharmaceutical and banking companies.
He is also a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Master and trainer.
Cultivating the Right Habits for Success
Dan’s Transition to Entrepreneurship
- At age 21, he was a Jiu-Jitsu trainer, and he was teaching for free.
- One of the gyms that he has been teaching in went out of business, and the owner let him run it instead.
Dan’s Biggest Challenges
- The location of his business
- Having an email list and how to send relevant messages to them to spark interest
- Finding a mentor or a model to guide him in running his business
- Take all your competitors.
- Then, consider which one can reasonably walk into a car dealership and just get a black Lamborghini and be able to afford the payments.
- This eliminates 99.9% of your options.
- Eventually, the company or person that is left can be your model.
Importance of Modelling Success
- You can model different people for different reasons.
- You can read books or look at people in history who model the same virtue or excel in the skill that you want to have.
- It is also the same thing in business. Find model companies or entrepreneurs who are good at marketing and other aspects of your business to improve your process.
Dan’s Habits for Success
- He has been keeping a key progress indicator across different domains and have this in an excel document. This way, he can go through tasks that he needs to accomplish daily, monthly, or annually.
- He writes down his goals and keeps a weekly checklist to keep things in perspective.
- He believes that cultivating focus is very important.
- Dan also has a list of mentors and friends and makes sure that he stays in touch with them for advice and help.
- Every morning after writing his affirmations, he goes through his plans for the day and jots down his priorities.
- He asks himself the question of what would his ideal self do every week. Then, he tries to find those and try to live up to that ideal.
- Dan reads about history and biography. As a result, it has affected the different domains of his life. He looks for real exemplars of virtue. Because of this practice, he has references of hardship, hard work, and persistence vastly beyond himself.
- He wisely chooses the people with whom to interact. He doesn’t relate to those who err in trivial things.
- Always check your perspective.
- “You’re the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” You need to find new people who would inspire you.
Overcoming Challenges in Cultivating Habits for Success
- He lacked pervasive beliefs that bounded his success.
- He lacked somebody to model.
- Learning the process of sales
- Gain the people’s trust, faith, and confidence and have them buy your product.
For more insights connect with Dan through CLV Boost or contact him through his email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you already have a successful business, meaning you’re up, running, and paying your bills with some profit left over?
- Are you interested in growing your business, automating/streamlining things, and staying one step ahead of your competition?
- Do you want to achieve your goals, get more things done in less time, and double your sales? Sign up for our 21-Day Double Your Sales Challenge.
If you can answer YES to all three questions, please reach out to me through Website, https://www.members.bestbusinesscoach.ca/problems-we-fix/?utm_source=expert-interviews-ps and describe your situation, goals, and the best time/way to contact you.
Level Of evidence
Randomized Controlled Trials
Endorsements & Certifications
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
LEVEL OF EVIDENCE
MAGNITUDE OF EFFECT
CONSISTENCY OF RESEARCH RESULTS
Sales Strategy & Skills